EXP 1: 3 Images


Your best piece of creative work before coming to this course, think laterally if you have not done "conventional" art or design work.


his is my HSC Body of Work named Loud Places. It consists of two charcoal drawings and four images edited into something like a panorama. My artwork commemorates the tragedy of Typhoon Haiyan which occurred in the Phillipines 2013. 

During year 12 I visited my grandpa in Tacloban Philippines, where I noticed that traces of the tragedy was still evident. I took photographs because these were things you wouldn't often see in Australia. They would be quickly fixed/demolished or access would be restricted. A ruined gymnasium was the one I found the most interesting. The interior was especially overwhelming, with the building's steel frames layered on top of each other. Despite the tragedy, the ruined structures still remained monumental and resilient. 



An image of a great piece of architecture. 

A single family home situated in Riva San Vitale, Ticino, Switzerland. Designed by Mario Botta. This is my case study for ARCH1080.












An original photograph of something beautiful. 

This is the interior of the ruined gymnasium which I visited in the Philippines... I didn't have a good camera or anything, but the site was really cool. I felt like I was in an apocalyptic movie. I especially like the contrast between the red iron frames and the green grass. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXP 1: SketchUp Model